FARO As-Built for Autodesk® Revit® provides quick and intuitive workflows for processing 3D laser scan data directly into Autodesk®
Revit® using Revit® objects and BIM models. It is the perfect complement for Revit® users working with large point clouds and
integrates seamlessly with the familiar Revit® user interface. It features a wide range of evaluation tools for 3D laser scan data with
customized commands for modeling and detailing BIM elements.
Retain the Overview, Guaranteed
A Section Manager enables users to crop point clouds inside Autodesk® Revit®, independent from using the current view and provides a more accurate orientation in part to hierarchical organized point cloud sections. This increases the precision of processing and allows users to easily manage and navigate the scanner data.
Create 3D Models Directly in Revit® Point Clouds
FARO As-Built features a wide range of 3D construction aids. Users can create 3D model lines and construction points using real 3D point snap within the point cloud, independently of Revit® work planes. Users fit work planes directly in the point clouds and create accurate reference lines and points by an intersection of model planes.
Save Time and Money with Automated Tools
Walls, pipes and structural elements like beams and columns can be created quickly and precisely. The wall types for different wall thicknesses are defined automatically. The wall alignment tool allows users to globally align, correct and fix extracted walls segments throughout an entire model. Additional functions include the automatic creation of deformed floor slabs based on floor irregularity as well as the creation of a ground surface (topo- surface).
Compare the Model with Reality
Surface analysis enables the comparison between the point cloud and the Revit® model. The results can be exported as profile lines or to databases.
Evaluate Laser Scanner Data in the Family Editor
FARO As-Built enables 3D laser scanner data to be used directly in the Revit® Family Editor. Creating object specific families is simple using point cloud regions, planar scan views and true ortho-photos.
• Continue using familiar Revit® design tools easily when evaluating 3D as-built to BIM models
• Create deliverables that are 100% compatible with clients’ systems and constraints
• Use additional functionality for modeling 3D laser scan data
• Evaluate buildings, pipes and steel constructions with a wide range of industry specific functions
• Customizing commands for modelling and detailing BIM elements according to specified workflows
• Report model checkup for a given tolerance by industry standards or stakeholder specifications
• Work within the FARO ecosystem which provides users with convenient tooling for a seamless workflow – hardware capturing as-builts to software creating CAD and BIM deliverables